This weekend I've tagged the first pre-releases of the 1.x branch! I strongly encourage everyone to test their applications and extensions against this beta and provide any feedback. (Helpful information can be found in the upgrading guide.) Unless there are any major issues we'll plan on releasing a stable 1.0.0 version in the coming weeks!
A cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability was found in the PHP League's CommonMark library (
league/commonmark) versions 0.15.6 through 0.18.x before 0.18.1. It allows remote attackers to insert unsafe URLs into
<a> tags (even if
false) by adding an encoded newline character in the middle (e.g., writing
I'm pleased to share that my PHP 7 Upgrade Guide ebook has been featured in the Ultimate Programmer Super Stack bundle! This is a hand-curated collection of 25+ premium ecourses, bestselling ebooks, and bonus resources that will help new programmers:
This month I released updates for a few of my open-source projects including league/commonmark, league/html-to-markdown, and colinodell/json5.
Prevent Composer from updating your Symfony components to unsupported versions with the
After using phpbrew to manage my local PHP versions for a while, I got tired of re-compiling PHP after every release and decided to install multiple PHP versions side-by-side with Ondřej Surý's PPA. One of the features I missed from
phpbrew was the ability to run a command like
phpbrew use php-7.2.8 to automatically change the
php command to that version, so I ended up implementing this feature myself using symlinks and shell aliases.
As you may know, Git is not a single application, but rather a toolkit containing many small programs and scripts that can manipulate the repository. This makes it trivial to chain those components into more-powerful, custom commands which can be defined as git aliases.
Here are some of the more-useful aliases I use on a daily basis:
I recently upgraded my system from Ubuntu 16.04 with Unity to Ubuntu 17.10 with Gnome Shell 3. One of the "features" I found annoying was that my IDE PhpStorm was not popping to the front and receiving focus whenever breakpoints were hit. I eventually figured out a solution and wanted to document it in case others were also searching for a solution.
I first confirmed that "Focus application on breakpoint" was indeed enabled in my settings: